Friday, September 12, 2008

Mirror, Mirror On the Wall.

by Dimples Doublefist

Look at that precious baby. I know I'm no professional photographer or anything, and this might not be a Glamour Shot, but you know damn well that's a pretty baby. I know you want to eat that baby.

A few months after I moved to DC, I stumbled onto the best vegan pizza I've ever sunk my teeth into---and it's right in my neighborhood, so I can eat it anytime I goddamm well please. That pizza is from Astor---a quaint little restaurant that sits right beside Yes! Organic Market on Columbia Road. It's the best kept secret in DC.

As the saying goes, the devil is in the details and this pizza contains melt-in-your-mouth eggplant, a sauce so rich and garlicky (without being overwhelming) that it makes your mouth water, and a hand-tossed, brick-oven baked crust that is unparalleled. Let me tell you: I have eaten the shit out of this pizza and my love affair is not even close to being soured. No one could ever get sick of eating this shit.

I know there are haters out there---people who can't imagine a pizza that tastes delicious without cheese. But I dare you to not fall in love with this one. This love is guaranteed.

No comments: